About the CET Training Department:
The Clinical Enterprise Technologies Training Department is a dedicated team of training professionals, committed to providing quality adult education and technical training to the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Our training team has a combined experience base of technology training, adult learning, and clinical expertise that includes over 80 years of knowledge.
The Training Department works together with our support services teams and departments to provide healthcare computer applications training that allow our clinicians, allied health professional and staff to:
- Deliver high-quality safe patient care,
- Maintain accurate patient level information,
- Scheduling of appropriate care delivery resources,
- Manage on-going delivery of patient care for inpatient and outpatient settings,
- Record and process patient’s clinical information and orders,
- Document and review test results and patient care visits,
- Provide comprehensive and standardized information regarding risks and benefits of proposed medical procedures or treatments,
- Handle the business, billing and reimbursement transactions,
- Manage the human resource performance review process,
- Manage budgeting, planning and financial reporting,
- Record staff time and attendance.
The CET Training Department directly supports applications that our business, clinical, health information and research customers use during their normal workday in the delivery of patient care, research or the processing of patient information and reimbursement transactions. In addition to developing training curriculum and providing training services, we actively participate in new implementation projects, system upgrades, enhancements and production support.
The CET Training Department’s goal is to provide our customers an optimal learning experience and an opportunity to apply what they have learned immediately within the context of their jobs.